Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spring, Take Two?

I'm almost afraid to say it and jinx it, but I think (knock on wood with crossed fingers) that Spring may finally be returning. After all the weird April snow last weekend, today we are up to +12C and I actually felt the sun beating down upon and warming my skin when I emerged from the metro this afternoon. The forecast predicts 19, 20, and 24C this Sat, Sun, Mon, and I can't wait. It's especially weird for there to be snow on the ground now because, for me, SAA usually marks the beginning of spring. Every year, I dig my suitcase out of the closet in order to pack for SAA, and in doing so I pack away my hat, scarf, and gloves, secure in the knowledge that when I return from SAA, spring will have arrived. This year, that didn't happen. It was profoundly disturbing and depressing. SAA = Spring. That's the way it works. If that's not the case, something is wrong with the world.

I'm glad that the sun is finally out though because I've been itching for a few weeks now to update my sidebar To-Do list, but I didn't dare change it from Winter to Summer (term) until the sun actually began to shine. Far be it from me to delay the arrival of Spring any more than it already has been by my wishful thinking. I think--hope--that we are finally, finally in the clear though.

1 Marginalia:

At 19/4/07 12:04, Blogger Hilaire said...

It's exploded into spring here, too! I can't get over the gorgrousness! I have never longed for spring like I did this year...it's my favourite season. Enjoy the beautiful weekend.

 

Scribble in my margins

<< Home