Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Book Proposal, Take Two

I have just sent off my book proposal to the big publisher whom I talked to at MLA and whom I really hope takes it. The more I think about it, the more I think this publisher would be the best fit, probably much better than the first one I sent it too, mainly for prestige reasons and with a "there's no harm in trying" attitude. But this publisher is prestigious too, and the only harm was waiting and waiting for a response only to find out that the first one was definitely cancelling the series I'd submitted to. And not having my proposal in the pipeline at this other publisher during that time. But hopefully having talked to the editor at MLA before sending it off will prove to have been a good thing, and hopefully there will be a positive response this time around!

Now there's just that darn anthology proposal to write, the one I've been procrastinating about for over two years now, probablement parce que je dois l'écrire en français. Ayoye, il va falloir dépoussiérer ma cervelle.

1 Marginalia:

At 16/12/08 23:02, Blogger medieval woman said...

Wishing you tons of good luck with that!

 

Scribble in my margins

<< Home