Friday, May 19, 2006

Fun with the Census

Ok, so technically Census day was Tuesday, so I'm a bit late creating this blog if I want anybody to see this or actually care, but the fact that StatsCan spent Canadian tax dollars to pay US bomb-builder Lockheed Martin to create the online version of our Census and to read the paper forms is absolutely aberrant! This site provides some really fun and creative "minimum cooperation" methods to screw with the paper form so Lockheed Martin's computer system can't read it. I filled it out (twice--cuz I'm bilingual and it didn't say not to!) with some tricks of my own and was laughing my ass off for a good two or three hours after I dropped it in the mail. Nothing beats screwing the government, in my opinion; it's unfortunate it's only once every five years!